Bravely Speaking to the Robinson Community

Valor Dictus

Valor Dictus

Valor Dictus

Welcome Associate Principal Megan Sherrill

After working in the education field for 24 years, new Associate Principal Megan Sherrill joins the Robinson staff. Sherrill started here late September and has become a part of the community. “I’ve never met so many people that work in a school that have gone to the school and lived in the neighborhood, and I think it just really speaks to how much students, staff, and families alike all love this community,” said Sherrill. 

Associate Principal Megan Sherrill joins the Robinson community after working in the education field for the past 24 years. Sherrill looks forward to meeting and supporting students.

Sherrill has worked in other local high schools, including McLean, Annandale, and Mountain View. She has been an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) teacher for 17 years and currently oversees the ESOL department here. “I’m really passionate about language learners and having them feel like a part of the community,” said Sherrill. Associate Principal Sherrill also oversees the instruction departments, and library. 

Principal Tracey Phillips hopes our new associate principal will add to the school community and be a valuable asset. “I think Robinson is an outstanding place, but I like having fresh perspectives and people that haven’t been born and raised [at Robinson] that come in from other schools that see things that we don’t necessarily see and give us new ideas, suggestions on how we can continuously get better,” said Phillips. 

Sherrill is most looking forward to interacting with the student body and getting to know the students and staff. “Personally, I’d like to improve my own ability to get into the classroom, to meet students, to be visible to the community and the students so they know I am here to support.” The student advisory committee is also an area Sherrill hopes to improve by adding diversity to the participating students. 

The Robinson community welcomes our new associate principal. “I’m excited for the community to get to know her and hope that she has a great experience as a Robinson ram,” said Phillips.

About the Contributor
Devon Rudolph
Devon Rudolph, Editor-in-Chief
Devon is a senior at Robinson. This is her fourth year in high school journalism, where she serves as Editor-in-Chief. She enjoys playing field hockey and running track. Devon is a member of girl scouts and earned her Gold Award teaching journalism to sixth graders at White Oaks. In the future, Devon hopes to study journalism in college.